Bretonnian Knights of the Realm on foot

 It is a strange feeling to paint a new Bretonnian plastic unit after about 20 years. I was much younger when I was painting my Brets models in my old local painting club.

One of the few new units that Games Workshop released with The Old World launch was the Foot Knights of the Realm. A plastic kit with long desired plastic models. I remember, already in 5th ed. were players writing house rules for foot knights in a Bret army.

The new kit is actually not my cup of tea: too much 8th ed. style, too much Age of Sigmar. Especially the oversized great weapons. I also find disappointing that they had to introduce a very unneeded scale creep, making these giants completely incompatible with all the Bretonnian plastic and metal range.

Anyway, they are official Citadel Bretonnian model after 20 years and I had to collect them 😁

With a better painting scheme (every knight with his coat of arms), new heads and new shields, I am confident I can "save" them and fit them into my current army.

Here is my first test model: nothing less that Earl Cadfael himself! The Lord who started the online Bret community long ago, before the year 2000. 




Commenti

Post più popolari